Most of these photos were taken by Jacques & Charles Biederer. In 1908 Jacques Biederer, a Czech immigrant, moved to Paris and set up a photography studio. He was joined by his brother Charles in 1913 who helped him run the studio. He most likely began as a portrait photographer who sometime later switched to making erotic studies of undraped figures.